I was going through my pictures and I realized that I should showcase the fact that John and I went to Barber Motor Speedway a few weeks ago, Barber as in the Barber milk company. It is such a cool place and not somewhere that many people may have been. This racecourse holds Lamaze races (not sure if that is how it is spelled), meaning that there are races between Porches, Mustangs, Mazdas; etc. You can take in your own coolers and sit on the hillside, as there is not a grandstand. You can also take a tour of the motorcyle museum, which houses over 70 million dollars worth of bikes and antique cars! Also, Patrick Dempsey, aka McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy, raced the day we went. Of course, I tried to stake him out in the Pit, but he was not around and John was not interested in standing there all day with me. I had to settle for his car instead! It was truly an experience and it would be a lot of fun to get a group up to go sometime. Here are some pics :)
Monday, September 8, 2008
Barber Motor Speedway
I was going through my pictures and I realized that I should showcase the fact that John and I went to Barber Motor Speedway a few weeks ago, Barber as in the Barber milk company. It is such a cool place and not somewhere that many people may have been. This racecourse holds Lamaze races (not sure if that is how it is spelled), meaning that there are races between Porches, Mustangs, Mazdas; etc. You can take in your own coolers and sit on the hillside, as there is not a grandstand. You can also take a tour of the motorcyle museum, which houses over 70 million dollars worth of bikes and antique cars! Also, Patrick Dempsey, aka McDreamy from Grey's Anatomy, raced the day we went. Of course, I tried to stake him out in the Pit, but he was not around and John was not interested in standing there all day with me. I had to settle for his car instead! It was truly an experience and it would be a lot of fun to get a group up to go sometime. Here are some pics :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"Le Mans"
:)
Post a Comment