Lake Martin, AL
It's official!
I am taking the plunge and making a drastic career move, a 360, if you will (and I am not on a Seadoo-at the moment, anyway)!
I will be writing and selling advertising for Tallapoosa Publishers (publications include Lake magazine and the newly acquired Lake Martin Living magazine, as well as several newspapers). Ahhh!!! (insert happy dance here)
I am over the moon! Writing is my passion and to have the opportunity to pursue it professionally is a dream come true. I believe that a person ends up exactly where they are destined to be, often inspite of themselves. I would not be so content with moving back "home" if I had not spent the past four years on an airplane exploring the country. In conclusion, all of this certainly would not have been possible without John's love and support. I hope everyone has someone in their life who believes in them as much as he believes in me (it is such a game changer). Change is always intimidating, but you must follow your intuition. In one year, John and I have both changed jobs (this is #2 for me!) and made the decision to relocate from Birmingham back to Alex City/Lake Martin/we are not sure yet. It is overwhelming at times, but we just wash down anxiety with a nice Pinot Noir!
I should also say how inspired I have been by bloggers who have written about their drastic career moves over the years...I would sit at my computer and think "If they can do it, why can't I?" Blogging opened up an entire new universe to me. There are so many possibilities in this world, and I am inspired daily by others I will probably never meet.
I am looking for someone who is a HTML savy god/goddess to overhaul my blog and get it all professional looking (or combine it into a new blog...)--please comment below with recommendations!

2 comments:
I am so excited for you!!!!!!!! I love you so much!!!
congrats lacey!!! that's awesome! :-)
Post a Comment