It is incredibly hard to believe that John and I will be celebrating our 1 year anniversary in a little over two weeks. The past year flew by, as years tend to do, when you are having fun. It has been the best year. I feel like we've always been together, and at the same time, it still feels both new and fresh.
Hadley, Kris, John and I at Church in the Pines this past Sunday. Slightly wind blown, and yes, that is coffee in the styrofoam cups.
I did a little reflection during the ceremony--on how far we've come this year. It really is the little things-I have just totally loved being a "wife." I get so much satisfication out of cooking a meal with more than 2 ingredients, painting a room, and organizing our closet. Dear lord-who am I?! I still don't love laundry. And I hate matching our socks. But lordy I do it--because John cuts the grass, takes out the trash, patches the roof, and knows how to work our remotes.
I have learned many things during our first year of marriage, but most importantly, I have learned that you have to always stay focused on what you can do to make it even better. Your marriage is only as good as the time and energy you put it into it-and I feel so humbled and blessed to have a partner who is as conscious of this as I am.
1 comment:
What a sweet post! Happy early anniversary!! Can't believe we were there a year ago! Time sure does fly by. xoxo
Post a Comment