Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Paddleboarding and Year 2


John and I have been married for 2 glorious years, as of last Tuesday, August 7.  What have I learned from year 2?  A lot. 

On a live album of John Denver that I have--before he launches into "Leaving on a Jet Plane" he says something to the affect of "sometimes you have to leave the person you love, to do the work that you love." That has always stuck with me... because yes, John has traveled A LOT this year, and yes, being separated has been hard as hell, but I also respect it.  It has only made us closer.  John is doing what he is passionate about--and passionate people are happy people.  Happy people make for happy marriages.

When I came to him at the first of year and wanted to quit my stable job to start my career all over, from the ground up, in journalism, he did not blink an eye.  DO IT.  Do what makes you happy.  He completely supported me in the same way I had supported him.  That's love, people.

While year 2 has had its challenges- it has been the most rewarding because we both found the path we want to be on. Together. We have a more clear idea of where we want to go and what we want to do.  We work hard and we play hard. When you are passionate about what you are doing, it shows all over.


We went out with Paddle Lake Martin for the first time last weekend and went about 6 miles with a group of 15.  Year 2 has been all about adventures, trying new things, and meeting new people.  You just got to put yourself out there.  We have snow skied, camped, paddle boarded, and are about to go gator hunting.



Here's to year 3 and may it be just as full and exciting as the last 2!  I am so blessed to have a life partner like John to push me and make me better every day.



No comments: