Bess Granger is my new roommate and she and I were so excited to be moving into our new apartment at Mayfair yesterday....little did we know (duhn duhn duhn...) that it was not destined to be an easy task. I think some people enjoy doing things the hard way. Even when my aunt and I ordered Sonic at lunch on Saturday...I was thinking: "There is no way in hell they're going to get this order right." And of course, they shorted us two fries...go figure. You order more than two burgers and people can't seem to handle it. The same can now be said of moving into a 2 bedroom apartment in Homewood...it's just too much for some people to coordinate.
We were supposed to move in at 1pm and long story short, our newly remodeled home had not been cleaned. The cleaning lady didn't answer phone calls...and by the time the manager got up there to clean...it was after 5pm before we moved in the first box. Thank goodness Jefferson County sells alcohol on Sundays. Boxes are currently strewn everywhere, I had to ask John where my shoes were this morning... but our sweet parents made sure Bess and I had somewhere to lay our little heads last night. We took a few deep breaths and concluded that we'd get it all together at some point.
Then this morning...after I made it to work...Bess called and said the power was off. I think they forgot we were even moving in at all this weekend. After a few choice words, we buckled down and handled it....Pattie and Linda were in Alex City and all they could do was listen to us vent. I will note that the Charter guy has not called me back...he's about to get a follow up call here shortly.
All in all, I am concluding that the real world is a scary place and that it is NOT just a show on MTV. Paying bills, being responsible, making it to work on time and remembering to pay my cell phone and credit card bills is a lot on a young buck such as myself. Auburn University is nothing but a good time that ended all too soon... I was dreaming about a ringing cell phone this morning, but it was just my alarm going off.
1 comment:
Ohhhh Lacey...you are one good blogger..and I am happy to call you my roomie! Maybe one day soon our apt will come together!!!
Post a Comment