Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To Blog or Not to Blog: That is the question

I would be lying right now if I were to say that this "blogging" of mine has not been brought on by my friend Brittany Bain Stegall. My best friend moved all the way up the country and her blog keeps all of us back home in Alabama up to date on her new married life in the big city. I also found inspiration in a woman's blog that I do not even know, but she is such a fantastic writer that I found myself reading her entire blog one day...and actually cried! For a moment I wondered if I was being silly to have a blog. It's not like I've moved to some exotic, strange place or that I'm married or having any babies...in fact, there is really no reason to my madness. I do, however, have a good time, and quite often I have discussed with my friends that our experiences would make one hell of a book someday. I am a little busy at the moment though, living the dream and working for the weekend, but maybe if I begin to write things down, one day it will make for a terrific reference for the book.

Remember when you were a child in elementary school (Jim Pearson for me and any hometown friends reading this) and you had to write in your journal everyday? Usually a spiral notebook, chosen in your favorite color. It was mostly the mundane, everyday happenings in your life that you scribbled down and, if you were like me, usually drew an illustration of sorts to compliment your dialouge. When I look back and read those journals, they are so classic, funny, and remind me of all the little things that made life so worthwhile at that age. How is now any different? At 23, I'm still doing random, unimportant, nonsensical things that in the end will one day compile my entire existence into an endless string of mere moments. Getting deep on the blog--this is pretty fun, actually. I may wait a little bit before I mention this to anyone, seeing as how I started this at work and have no pictures or anything on it yet. And I'm guessing that Jessica will be the first to make fun of me, saying "What in the world do you have to blog about?" but she will also probably make for one of my more dedicated readers!

1 comment:

Brittany Bain Stegall said...

Ha ha... I found your blog you little punk. Don't worry, I'll keep it a secret until you decide to announce it. From a comment you had made on our blog, I clicked on your name and it brought up your profile. To my surprise, it listed that "Lacey" had a blog! At first my feelings were hurt bc you had not told me about it! Then I read on.

And in my opinion, you have every reason to have a blog. And you are a really good writer, so people will enjoy it (I can not say the same for myself). One thing I did notice was that you must have accidentally forgotten to put a picture of me on your blog, so I thought I would remind you ;).

Maw will continue to be in our prayers.

Love you.