On Sunday, I cleaned REALLY good and it took FOREVER. I got my room and bathroom clean and reorganized. I decluttered the Baker's rack and took apart various piles, while also managing to vacuum the community areas and mop the kitchen floor. Bess is gonna be impressed, I thought to myself, while also thinking how tough it is to be neat all the time and that it must really wear her out!
I took off for a date with John and the next day Bess tried to spank me because I used the last of the detergent without buying anymore. HOLD it right there, I told her, I bought two containers of it yesterday, they are just in my trunk. They were on SALE at Wal Mart! I went and retrieved said detergent and went and placed it in the laundry room. Bess was contrite and apologized. Well, you should be sorry, I said--I'm a new person--did you SEE how clean my room is?! I always make a big show of my cleanliness, not unlike a small child seeking praise.
Well, Bess called yesterday to inform me I didn't buy two things of detergent after all, I had bought fabric softener! Lord, I said, wouldn't you know it. What do you even use that for, was my next question.
I guess I was so excited by the idea of detergent being marked down that I didn't even read the side of the box. It LOOKED like detergent! Oh well...John had also fussed at me the day before over using the correct pan to heat up frozen pasta in...he said I never read directions...it got heated and he hit me with a frying pan! Haha, no he really didn't--he was banging the lid on the pot and making noise trying to drown me out (I was probably being a little obnoxious) and then I reached for the pan and got hit on the wrist by accident, but it DID bruise.
I'm just a modern day Amelia Bedelia...what else is new?
(The literary character who was a literal minded housekeeper. GREAT books. I read too many of them I'm afraid)
2 comments:
you are too funny.
and i was just talking about amelia bedelia the other day with a friend, and was this close to buying one of those books last week at walmart. funny!
I LOVE Amelia Bedelia...go back and buy the book! haha
Post a Comment