
*We'll be EVEN skinnier than this classic by the big day, Jessica, SWEAR!
One of my very best friends, Jessica Toland, got engaged last Saturday to the man of her dreams: Ryan Sanford! *Swoon. Mr. Tall, Dark, and Handsome proposed down on The Plains, on the lawn of Samford Hall. It was beautiful and spontaneous...read Jessica's personal account HERE. It's a great story.
Being as I was in Atlanta that day, Jessica called me, and said "I've got something to tell you." And I was creeping around the Georgia Dome all like, "Oh honey, I hope it's something good." I figured she'd spotted some random person from our past and wanted to share it with me. "Ryan Sanford asked me to marry him!" Insert squealing. We both cried. Then I sorta sobbed for a second because I wasn't there. I toughened up after a few beers, though, to take the edge off.
I am so excited and happy for Jessica and Ryan as the embark on their quest for a lifetime of love with nothing but big ole' stars dancing in their eyes! They balance each other perfectly and I couldn't pick a better life partner for my friend. My dad even roomed with Ryan's dad in college. Small world, right?
I mean, I don't even know if I can adequately go into how much I love my friend Jessica. We have many similarities in regards to our interests, senses of humor, and our general life take on things that would probably offend a lot of other people. There are so many inside jokes, sayings, and good times that I could bore and confuse you all to tears. I won't though. Not everyone knows what it means to get in the corner, who all is REALLY buried in the dead horse pasture, and that all we really want to do is go hang out with Ree at the ranch (fellow blogland lovers should get that one). We like to go on dates too, "just us," in romantic settings. Is that weird? We toss around business ideas and name our future children all the while drinking vodka tonics with a splash of cranberry...mulling over things such as why America doesn't have three day work weeks, why is it socially unaccepted to drink on your lunch break, and what do we need to do in this lifetime to get by the pool everyday?
All I can say is I am excited to be apart of this Sanford union celebration. I am ready for all the parties, planning, and good times. We get to actually APPLY the wedding blogs to real life! & don't even get me started on THE Bachlorette Party. I think on it, and I have a hard time picturing us anywhere but at The Florabama, where Jessica got me and my whole family kicked out of one time...it got weird.
And did I mention her ring is pretty much awesome??? And that her and Ryan are naming their first born daughter after me? I got nothing but warm feelings right now!
4 comments:
Oh Lacey... my warm feelings are flowing freely right now. (even though that's probably the worst picture of me ever... i'm not even smiling normal... that's my "just take the picture" face)
I am excited and couldn't even begin to think about embarking on this journey without you as a wing man.
Thanks for keeping real- and we will end up by the pool someday... probably when The P.P (don't want anyone stealing our nae) is successful!
All the love homey!
\/
Well, that was the only picture I have access to currently of just the 2 of us. If you have a better picture please do send it to me! Oh, The PP is calling my name...really loud today.
Aweeeeeeee!!! Congratulations to J!! Xoxo-BLC
Well done Lacey. You two are a whoot!
Post a Comment