Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Maryland Crabs



I've been in Ocean City, Maryland this week, so I apologize for lack of postings.  My job has truly enabled me the opportunity to see some really neat parts of the country that I otherwise would not have ever visited.  I try to embrace and "experience" each place as best as I can with the allotted time that I have in each place.  Maryland is know for their crabs.  I attended a marketing dinner at a crab shack called Higgins and my new friend, Andi, showed me how to properly open whole crabs.  See above.  I was a little intimidating.  That's what I was tackling.  She walked me through it, and I was like "What's this stuff?"  "Oh, the lungs," she relied, "you just scrap that stuff off."  Hm...*Lacey hesistates.  I finally got the hang of it, and let me know tell you, it was a lot of work getting to it, but the crab meat was delish.


On a weird note, I ordered a soft shell crab sandwich for lunch one day, and was disturbed when I saw that the sandwich was halved, with a whole crab on each half the sandwich.  Dangly legs and everything.  It was not the look I was expecting.  I had tasted John's on the gulf once, and it was shredded up.  I ate half of it and then I had to stop.  When in Rome, I suppose.

1 comment:

AC said...

girl the SAME thing happened to me in Destin! I ordered the softshell crab sandwich and they brought out the whole crab, just dunked in a fryer and thrown on a roll. I sent it back! I said, you guys didn't do this right!! :)