Hey Hey Hey...anyone out there??
Currently lying in my king size bed in Raleigh, North Carolina. I'm here for the next two days for a conference. I'm trying to figure out what movie I am watching, sorta, on Showtime, it has Robert Redford, Tom Cruise, and Meryl Streep and it keeps flashing to some war scenes in the snow...I'm not really paying attention. Trying to catch up on my blogging. I've been a bit dull and uninspired lately, but I'm working on that. I just finished Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol--LOVED it.
I watched Nie Nie (Stephanie Nielson) on Oprah today and just CRIED. If you have not read her blog, please click on the typewriter to the right of this page. She and her husband were in a plane crash a year ago and severely severly burned. Stephanie was in a coma 3 months and almost died, and was burned on like 90 something % of her body. She is such an inspirational person and mother (4 adorable kids) and her husband LOVES her. I mean, I could cry just thinking about the adoring way he looked at her. Oprah cried through the whole thing, god bless her.
I had to hug John really hard this morning to count for the next week and some change. He and his friend Jay Martin, along with Jay's uncle, are hiking 100 miles or so of the Appalachian Trail beginning on Friday.
He is incredibly excited and I have had my usual 100 questions. Such as what are you going to eat and drink, are you ok with going number 2 outside, and do you need my bottle of dry shampoo? He did not need that. He has to keep his pack at 40 pounds, so he has to pack pretty light. He will mostly survive on Ramon noodles and snicker bars. Intense. I think the point is to be really dirty and earthy, and let your beard grow. I bought John his very own tiny moleskin journal, should he feel inspired to jot down a few things about his hike and also lent him my camera he bought me for further documentation. I went in the Mountain High store with him a few times, and I'm telling you, there is so much GEAR and STUFF that it made me want to go camping/hiking just to have cool stuff. Very inspiring and pricey that Mountain High. I think it's really cool he is doing this and I hope that maybe he'll let me post some pictures upon his return. John is definitely his own person with his own passions in life and it's really kind of HOT. I mean, I like rugged guys. Don't get me started on my love of Caharts. I cooked him dinner Monday night and we ate Italian last night. My logic was, you need to eat lots before Friday, and I'm happy to help you with that. Safe travels, John, I love you.
Art class starts back up next week! I'm very excited.
Over and out.
1 comment:
Aweee! I wish I was in Raleigh!!! Have fun and ... tag you're it! Xoxo-BLC
Post a Comment