Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Publix Thief

I drove home from Atlanta yesterday and the first thing I did once I was in town was go to Publix to buy groceries.  I picked up a small custard pie (John's favorite), orange juice, and  I racked up in the produce section with various fruits, lettuce, and vegetables.  I went down aisle after aisle, with no list and an appetite, and finally reached the back aisle where I was buying the biggest sack of cheese they had.  I went to place it in my buggy, when I noticed a pack of toilet tissue.  

I didn't pick that up.


Weird.  Maybe someone put it in there by accident?


I peered into my buggy.  There were my chips and Lean Cuisines...


Bananas?  I don't eat bananas?


OMG--I have someonelse's buggy.  And I've had it for awhile.


After thoughtful consideration, I approach the meat counter and confess what I have done and passed them back the sacks of produce.  I did not believe it would look good to the other customers if I'm the one who puts it back.


No one seems to be looking for me as I return the stolen cart's bottle of Jergen's to its rightful bin.  


I hit the produce section again and grab all the items I am missing, including the custard pie.  I'm a bit aggravated, all I want to do is get home, and as I'm walking to the check out line, I spot it:





My abandoned buggy.  


I simply grabbed another customer's buggy and trucked off, leaving mine where it stood.  I am the buggy burglar--watch out for me at all your local food establishments.  

This is what exhaustion looks like, folks.

1 comment:

Addie Lamberth said...

So funny!! sounds like something i would do!