Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Julia Child Blue

One of my favorite things at the Smithsonian's American History museum is Julia Child's kitchen.  I learned a good bit about her after watching the movie Julie and Julia, and John swears by her hamburger technique, pack the patties loosely-not tight.   



Here am I with Julia.


I adore the blue cabinets.


I find Julia's use of peg boards to be very practical.  Everything in her kitchen was very accessible.


She too, loved the Kitchen Aid mixer. 



As I've said before, I love bold color.  I think a blue kitchen would be fantastic.  Inspired, I scoured Pinterest for a modern take on this kitchen.




A blue island would make a nice statement if you weren't quite ready to take the plunge and commit your entire kitchen to blue.


A perfect rustic blue buffett looks fresh as well.

If you want to read up a little more on Julia, click here, or visit the Smithsonian exhibit here.

No comments: