Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!! and Katie Beth!


Today is Katie Beth Shirley's birthday. She is 24 years young! It is also the three year anniversary of the Rum Runners debacle, in which I had to stand up for Katie Beth because it was her birthday.

I'm so excited that I have tomorrow off in honor of America. Happy 4th of July! I think my body knows when I am heading to Alex City. I was laying in bed this morning and my stomach was growling, and all I wanted at that moment was some JR's wings. There is no better wing sauce, I swear to you. Then I wanted a hamburger...so needless to say, my oatmeal was a huge downer this morning. I didn't even eat all of it. Carr Allison is catering BBQ for us today, so that is great news. It would be even better if they'd let us leave after that. One can dream, right? 280 will be wonderful today.

Yesterday was Marye Beasley's birthday and we celebrated at Otey's. John and I split some loaded cheese fries...delicious. Can you tell I'm hungry this morning? It was also trivia night at Otey's. I LOVE TRIVIA. Our team consisted of myself, John, Beas, her bf Richard, and Alison B, under the moniker The Warm Suction Cups. I don't know why that was our name. John picked it and that should say enough right there :) Ok, so I learned some really great new facts last night: a cow has 4 teats, Michael Jackson's hometown is Gary, Indiana, and the first and last words in the Bible are In and Amen, respectively. The Mustang was introduced in 1964...seriously, this is good stuff people.

That's the latest. I've had writer's block this week and I'm afraid I've been a little boring as of late. I've watched a lot of movies in the past week :)

Safe travels to all...no one wants to be a holiday statistic!

1 comment:

Katie Beth Owens said...

Thanks Lacey for the birthday shout out!