
The furniture came from Sam's. It was the last one they had, so John purchased the floor display for $300 less than the original price. I love deals. They make me happy. I love the color red. I love the way the color red pops in regards to the black and white tile.

We did have a minor mishap after purchasing the furniture. The two chairs flew out of the back of Brandon's truck before we made it to John's...all I can say it was an intense moment, but they are fine. Just look at them!

I found the rug at Tuesday Morning at the end of last week. It seemed perfect, but I did not want to impulsively buy it without John seeing it...it IS his house after all! It was only $59.99, and you all know how expensive rugs can be. I went back after work on Monday, and they still had it. I called John and he agreed to meet me there to check it out. I unfolded the rug, it is a 7X10, and found that on the corner some of the clothe had come unsewn. Not a huge issue, but certainly a call for a markdown. John came, he saw, he liked, we bought. They discounted the rug by $15, so $45 total for the rug! Another deal! *Thank you George for telling me about Tuesday Morning. It is TJ Maxx's dirty little cousin and I love it.

I also bought this rug. It spoke to me:

Yesterday, I went to Pier One and wouldn't you know....THEY WERE HAVING A PILLOW SALE! I did not feel compelled to seek John's opinion on this, as all boys have issues with throw pillows and often find them useless. I just knew it would add to the room and he'd appreciate them when he saw them. Of course, John was totally feeling them, and pointed out that he could recline on them during the many naps he plans on taking in the sun room. I told him that was fine, but he knows that we don't use BED throw pillows for lounging, although I'm not sure he really understands why not.

John also replaced the wilted ceiling fan blades. He is a handy man, if I haven't mentioned that before. The previous owners had put an indoor fan out there.

There's still work to be done. We plan on getting some ferns this weekend, and maybe hitting a yard sale or two in search of some side tables and lamps. John also plans to have a small TV out here, for football of course, as well as a little breakfast nook on the opposite wall for consuming omelets and such.
*I also posted a more detailed account of Alan Jackson, which is below the Iris in Destin post. I still don't have many pictures, please forgive me. I'm going to add some, but I wanted to post the entry before too much time passed. Thank you, kindly.
No comments:
Post a Comment