Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Trick or Tide

AL v. Penn St.

We are a divided household, minus the car tag.  I am ashamed to say we have been Tuscaloosa twice, and have not made it down to Auburn (hold your eggs and rotten tomatoes please!).  With Arkansas, LSU, and Georgia still to come, I have complete confidence with will soon be gracing the Plains with our presence.  


Our first trip to Tuscaloosa was for the Penn State game.  It was that second game day weekend, when it was blazing hot, and thankfully we were cooled off by an afternoon shower.




We had these, courtesy of Hadley.  Who knew she "canned" in her spare time?  Do not be fooled, those innocent looking cherries were soaking in Everclear.


Hadley's reaction, and Kris's amusement.  

The maker had to be the tester!  I "tried" one, and immediately spit it up on the ground, not unlike an infant who burps up formula.  I have a bad gag reflex, unfortuantely.


I ran into Hayden in front of the Deke house.  She's sporting one of those adorable Judith March dresses.

  You know the day is starting to get wild when John's hair starts rising.  Although, he was fresh off a hair cut in this picture, so it does not look too crazy.


Mack Jackson was kind enough to let us have two of his family's tickets in THE ZONE.


John-in the zone, in THE ZONE
I have to say, I was impressed with THE ZONE.  There was such a wide range of food and drinks, not to mention air condition.  You could also bring in alcohol and store it in your own locker.  How bad "a" is that?

 
The view from our seats.

 The always delightful Brothers Boone (with a British cousin).

This past weekend, we returned for the Florida game.  This time, we rode a charter bus to Tuscaloosa with a group of John's college friends.  It was so nice to not have to worry with fighting all that traffic after the game.

John, Mark, Ed (Mark's father), Ryan Adamson, & Mackie J

Our first stop of the day was the tailgate spot being frequented by the Gilliland family.  Mark's visits to his homeland (he currently resides in Sarasota) are always a celebration.

  Great picture of the Gilliland boys:  Mark, Ed, & Kris (minus Chad)


I know, I hate that my JSimp purse is so long-it needs another hole punched in the strap.


This was the first game day Jacob Meacham was not having to work.  He was pretty pumped and John was yelling...about what, I do not know.


Pure jubilation.  

Jacob is getting married to Lindsay Cole, and he has his first wedding shower (boys only) this Saturday.  John will be attending and I'm a little scared.  It says girls can come after 6p...I don't think I want much part of the "all boys party that begins at 11am" AT 6pm... sometimes you  have to send them out into the wide world without you.  Which is usually just fine with them!




John loves Mark.


From here, John and I ventured to Gallettes.  No pictures ever need to be taken at Gallettes.  It is unnecessary.  I will say, however, I was allowed my very own order of Big Bad Wolf Nachoes and burped straight jalepeno for the rest of the night.  It burned.  John and I then proceeded to bar hop by ourselves and hang out random people.  I had never been to the Bear Trap.  When we left, I found myself staring at the back entrance..."Dude, did this use to be The Yard?  I think this is the first bar I ever went in?" (at the tender age of sixteen).  Scary.

  War Elephants!  (our neutral saying during football season)

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I had the Big Bad Nachos last weekend for the first time ever though I didn't have the same jalapeno experience you speak of. They were delicioussss.

Linda said...

Ok, my dear daughter....head to your alma mater. Sky Bar is calling your name along with mom, dad, Blake, Aubie, The Eagle, Jessica,Kyle, Katie Beth,Brandon, Dedria, Brittany, George,E-Wood, Marye Beasley, Iris, and the whole Auburn Family! We need you and John! War Eagle!!!

Kristen said...

I'm sad we haven't seen you either weekend! I also had the Big Bad Nachos, but no jalapenos!