I.love.vacation.
I.love.the.beach.
Who doesn't, though?
Vaction posts are abounding right now in Blogland, as most people are suffering from spring fever. Loved this post this morning from Harmony and Home on Round Hill in Montego Bay, Jamaica.
I want to go.
Now.
Today.
However, I'll simply save this picture, because I want a canopy bed like this one someday:
John-take note, dear
I, too, have been suffering from spring fever and undertook the task of planning our anniversary trip/summer vacation this week. I was a travel agent in my other life. I've had us everywhere this week-from Puerto Rico, to the Bahamas, to Jamaica...
I almost did Jake's Hotel here. This is Treasure Beach, Jamaica. Travel and Leisure had listed it in an article on the best hotel deals in the Carribean. The place looks SUPER cool, but then I got concerned that it might be too rustic...I don't know. Am I wrong? It looks like the AUTHENTIC Carribean experience. Then I read reviews that ranged from high to low. I still think I'd like to go someday...The article on JFK Jr in this month's Vanity Fair is about him kayaking at Treasure Cay (but I don't think he stayed at Jake's!) The rackety bar in the middle of the ocean looked awesome though...can you say Swiss Family Robinson??!
Pelican Bar, good chance a hurricane could take it down.
In conclusion, I settled on The Reef at Grand Cayman.
You know why?
They are running a special right now for $103/per night! You can't beat that with a stick. And all the rooms are beachfront. Which is a MUST.
I'm sharing because I believe in the beauty of a deal! It's not a 5 star hotel by anymeans, Brittany even had a good word: STURDY. It's got everything we need-most importantly a place to lay our head --because I don't stay inside when I'm at the beach!
Grand Cayman has some of the best diving/snorkel spots in the world. We are looking into getting scuba certified, but John's expressed concern over my ability to pop my ears and not freak out if I see something "scary:"
Puh-lease, bring it Jaws




1 comment:
I thought y'all were coming to Peter Island with us?!?
Post a Comment