Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Red Nose Run

from pinterest

Yesterday dawned wet and balmy.

I brewed the coffee and checked the weather, dreading having wet feet.  I dressed in a tank top and my new Nike shorts.

This was my first time to do the Red Nose Run, which benefits Ronald McDonald House.  It consists of a 5k and a 10 miler.  I elected to go with the 10 miler, in hopes of shedding off the last of my holiday laziness!

The rain stopped as I was walking up to the starting line.

Laugh if you will, but my current run jam is Jessie J's Domino!  I'm all about some glittering raining down on me!

I ran the first 3 miles slightly too fast, but the good thing was it enabled me to catch Sarah Dudley around mile 5.  Thank you Sarah for your support!  She had a solid pace going, under 9 minutes, and definitely pushed me through the last half of the race.  We had to do that killer hill from Lakeshore up to Mountain Brook village. I wasn't hurting-but I was feeling winded.

I came in 19th overall in my age group 25-29.

Overall time: 1:31:18 

Pace:  9:08



I feel blessed to have two strong legs that get me from place to place...so I use them.

2 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Way to go! My friend Patricia coordinates the fundraising for Ronald McDonald House there! I was glad to hear the rain cleared! Way to go on your time!

Addie Lamberth said...

you are awesome!! way to go... you're inspiring to go and do my long run today! :)