Pages

Friday, August 1, 2008

Butterflies

I said earlier, in "My Latest Pet Peeve" post, that I would find the time this week to write about rainbows, butterflies and draw some smiley faces. It is Friday :) I am taking a half day off of work :) By bringing in school supplies for a fund raiser that Carr Allison is participating in, I get to leave an hour early. I arrived at 7am and I will depart at 10am :) Pretty decent Friday if I do say so myself. I am flying out to Tampa after lunch with John, Hayden, and Jackson to go visit Mark :) Mark has made reservations for us all at a German restaurant/bar tonight :) That is a lot of smiley faces for one Friday!

Do you know the feeling when you are highly anticipating something and your stomach gets all tingly? You are said to be experiencing the sensation of having "butterflies" in your stomach. I get butterflies quite often, because I usually manage to get so excited and worked up over things that I almost cannot stand it. At the moment, I am experiencing butterflies and anxiously watching my computer clock tick by the minutes, a little too slowly I might add.

I thought I would make a list of ten things that give me butterflies:

1. Kissing John ;)
2. Christmas morning (I used to lay in my bed and physically shake from the butterflies)
3. My birthday (I get out of control hyper on my birthday and love to be the center of attention)
4. Going on trips
5. That first "big hill" on a roller coaster
6. Getting off work when I have something really cool to do right after or being at work when the next day is a holiday and half the people in the office are off anyways.
7. Hearing good news: such as engagements and babies
8. Throwing a good party
9. Being surprised
10. And I think I would have butterflies if I ever got to meet George Clooney, Brad Pitt, or Patrick Dempsey

I do not believe that you are ever too old for butterflies...it is certainly something that I hope I never out grow. I do think, however, that with age maybe you learn to control some emotions. I was always about to bust with excitement on Christmas morning (usually around 5am, after I had already snuck down the hall and peaked about five times) to see what Santa had brought me. Mom HAD to make coffee, Dad HAD to set up the video camera, by the end of it-I had thrown a temper tantrum or two. My parents were usually the ones bustling around and locking down the house to go on vacation while Blake and I sit would sit in the car and mumble "Can't they hurry UP already!" and I would scream that the sun would be down before we ever got there. I am still the one cracking the whip when my friends and I go on vacation because I am sooo ready to get there!

As for rainbows...I have not seen one lately, but I cannot help but wonder if there is a pot of gold at the end of them! That would really be a huge help in decorating the new apartment at the moment!

No comments: