My life is basically a rat race at the moment, but I like it that way! I've been really busy this past week, so the blog has been unduly neglected. Sadly, I'll have to keep this short today. If you have talked to me yesterday or today you know that I have plenty to keep me busy! I was in Destin, FL Sunday through Tuesday of this week and I leave again on Saturday to go to Orlando for five days. Enough time to change out the contents of a suitcase and think about how I hope I have enough clean underwear to avoid from having to do laundry. I can't complain, though. It is much better to be a busy, functioning citizen of the world than a bored bump on a log.
Bess and I are mostly settled in the apartment, sans a few unhung pictures. I can't brag on Bess enough, she is a wonderful roommate! Not to mention the fact she is SO CLEAN!!! She has really been a good influence on me and I think that my room is more organized that its ever been, for me at least. My closet it organized by category (ex. work shirts, pants, going out tops, dresses, winter clothes), whereas her closet is done by color. I am more conscious of not making AS many piles and putting things right away in their place because I am trying to keep up with her. She was also nice enough to lend me her black curtains and dust ruffle that she was no longer using, meaning I did not have to go buy those things! Did I mention she folds my laundry sometimes (which I told her to stop doing, "Throw it on my bed, Bess" but she honestly loves laundry--so sometimes I leave it in the dryer just for her to find!)? I call her Randy too, because like her dad she is techy and hooked up the Tivo and the wireless! You are probably wondering how I am contributing...I have cooked taco salad once and it was really great. I also make tea and am going to show Bess how to work my coffee maker.
Our most frequent visitors are Reid, John, and Mona. We all five have a really great time hanging out. Whether it's watching the Olympics or sharing our favorite You Tube videos, we stay entertained. We drank wine and played Jenga the other night. Of course I knocked over the tower. We all also participated in Game Night with Katie Beth, Brandon, Chelsie and Taylor. That was a lot of fun: girls v. boys. The girls won at Taboo and the boys took home Pictionary. John and I also celebrated the fact that we've been dating a year last weekend by going to eat at Gianmarco's, an Italian restaurant in Homewood. It was very good and I highly recommend it. Great atmosphere, great food, reasonable prices...what else can you ask for?
That is the latest update. I am very excited about Friday night because Brittany and George will be in Birmingham and Jessica and Ryan are coming to visit too. I really miss not seeing Brittany and Jessica everyday like I used to, it makes me sad, but usually makes for a rowdy reunion!
All for now. xoxoxo
1 comment:
Lou...I heart you! You are making me better too! You are teaching me how to think outside the box, throw my feet up and relax a little, how to make meatloaf, porkchops, and a crockpot roast...ooo, what can I say...you complete me! The best part of the day is when I get to leave the library and come home to YOU!!!!
Post a Comment