Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday=more GBs and the Mixer's Maiden Voyage

white christmas with the mone bone


I am oh so thankful for Brittany's insight into my GB issue.  I would have been some kind of upset if I had deleted Picasa pictures, which would have caused pictures to disappear from the blog.  For five dollars, I'm good to go with 20GBs.  Blogland can be so tricky...


I hope everyone ushered in 2011 safely and with good cheer.  We had a blast at KB's sparkle party--Bess for sure won the "I had on more sequins and sparkle than anyone else" award!  I'll upload a few blog friendly pics later--I took lots of action shots that aren't all exactly flattering, but illustrate true life nonetheless!


Last night, John and I made Alice Springs Chicken (yes, totally inspired by Outback) and took the mixer out for its maiden voyage.  We went with Cheesy Beer Bread.  It was a simple recipe out of our Jr. League cookbook that didn't use words like "yeast," "rising," nor came with paragraph long instructions.  I made sure I knew what all the buttons did and practiced taking things on and off.  I made John supervise me, because I have a history of "forcing" things.

4 cups of flours, cheddar and parmasean cheese, 2 tablespoons of sugar, 1/4 stick of butter, 1 can of beer...pretty easy!


I'm not going to lie...watching it spin around was amazing.  It was like I WAS Pdub.  I became a woman.  I rapped on the window to John, who was on the deck grilling, and pointed with hearts in my eyes:  "Dude, it's mixing the dough up."  After it was all over and I was lovingly wiping the mixer down with cleaner, John said "It's as though you got a new car."  

I don't know if getting a new car will feel as good as having a big girl mixer. But it might.  Especially if it were to be a convertible...


I'll admit, the bread could have cooked another 10 minutes, but it was still totally tasty.  I am going to toast some at lunch to add some "crispy" to it.


We watched this last night:




Brad Pitt in his prime...with that Meet Joe Black haircut...yumyum!

No comments: