Rum Point was a beautiful sandy point at the east end of the island. We chose to spend the morning tanning and swimming there before getting on the catamaran to go to Sting Ray City.
It had a bar, restaraunt, and plenty of places to lounge! It was pretty crowded by lunch time.
The rum drinks were flowing...
The water was so clear!
Here we are on the catamaran--ready to see some 'rays! They stopped on the way out to the sand bar to let the group snorkle.
It's possible to blink and mess up an underwater photo! Perhaps I'm napping after the rum drinks?
Sting Ray City was amazing. I initially thought it was going to be really touristy, with the idea there would be some sort of pen and we'd be feeding them fish or something. No, it's a huge sandbar and they are a million of them out there just doing their thing. You simply swam down and grabbed them up! I was all about it, but I then I would get a little nervous when one would swim up and surprise me. It's hard not to think about ole Steve Irwin!
John giving his ray a kiss.
Sting Ray City was amazing. I initially thought it was going to be really touristy, with the idea there would be some sort of pen and we'd be feeding them fish or something. No, it's a huge sandbar and they are a million of them out there just doing their thing. You simply swam down and grabbed them up! I was all about it, but I then I would get a little nervous when one would swim up and surprise me. It's hard not to think about ole Steve Irwin!
John is man handling this one.
Definitely take the time to do this if you are ever on Grand Cayman!
As a sidenote, we were able to go on this excursion for free because we particiapted in the "time share tour" at the hotel. Hilarious. We drank beer and ate cookies the whole time. Fair trade off.
No comments:
Post a Comment