Pages

Monday, January 26, 2009

Another One Bites the Dust: KAT IS HOT

In other news this past week, Katherine Keown and Robert Cunningham got engaged! They will be tying the knot at the end of the summer, probably August 8th. I was cordially invited to be a Bridesmaid last night, which I am so excited about!

Quick background info: Katherine Keown is from Decatur, AL, was one of mine and Brittany's suit mates in Lupton, and upon seeing her name listed on the door beside ours, we figured she was going to be Chinese (odd foreshadowing, since she lived in China last year for a year). She and Ashley Grace upgraded from suit mates to roommates before too long and I slept on their futon more times than I can count. I have so many Katherine stories (and they are SO GOOD!!!)...I won't tell any right now, and as a bridesmaid, I've already promised to be "good," but no ground rules have been laid yet. KAT IS HOT is how Katherine plugged her number into my phone, and its been that way for about five years now.

Robert has been doing missionary work in China since July. Kat was not supposed to see him until March, when she has planned a trip over to China. However, sneaky sweet Robert snuck home and surprised her, on bended knee, on a bridge overlooking the ocean in Daytona, FL this past Thursday. They called and left me a joint message to call them, which I didn't get until Friday morning. All I thought was WHY are they triple calling me? Must be some fancy new phone or Apple gadget. I called back, left a message, she called again and left another message to call her. Busy at work, I thought, OH I'll call her when I get off. Brittany called me, discovered I hadn't talked to Katherine, and insisted I call her back RIGHT NOW. I was suspicious and so confused, because Katherine's boyfriend lives on another continent at the moment. Come to find out, the rumors were true! The ring is gorgeous! I could not be happier for a sweeter couple. They are the epitome of romance. They started dating in college, right before she left to spend a summer as a camp counselor during which they WROTE each other all summer. What is more romantic than a handwritten letter? NOTHING is more romantic than handwritten letters (note to any boys reading). They eventually took a break--never dated anyone else, and reignited their flame about three weeks before he was to leave for China. They have a knack for getting together and then one of them taking off a few a months! Haha!

I love Kafrin and Rob...they are so precious and they're going to have such cute kids! Congrats yall!

No comments: