Pages

Monday, January 12, 2009

Checking off my Resolutions!

I would just like to update everyone one the fact that yesterday, I got all of my boxes out of the den area. It feels great to check something off my NY Resolution list. I consolidated things, threw other things away (sorry Mom, no going back,) and now there are three boxes that have been stuck in John's utility closet until I can take them home. Bess was so proud and took down the Christmas garland down PRONTO! I think that the Christmas garland was the one thing that could have pushed me to my breaking point and prompted action!

I also faced down my fear of needles yesterday and donated blood to the American Red Cross, thus receiving $50 off my next rent bill! I am saving a life somewhere. I was nervous and I would never have gone down there if John hadn't promised that 1) he'd do it too, and 2) they'd have some Oreos for me. I could not look at the needle. I looked out the window the whole time and kept making John glance at my packet of blood to see if it was full yet. It wasn't too bad, my arm was little sore though and still is today if I press on it. So, I'm not pressing on it. Give blood, people, it's character building!

No comments: