Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

NO TV is Surprisingly GREAT

I've never been a television watching fanatic, but I've always had a few shows that I have enjoyed keeping up with every week, along with E! News and more recently, The Food Network. I didn't even keep up with Grey's this year! At the moment, mine and Bess's cable is in a mess, for lack of a better word, and it doesn't work. We have a mystery man on our account who thought it would be cool to cancel our cable (What does that EVEN mean?)so we've been doing without for two weeks or so maybe. The truth is, I don't even miss it, really. I can check up on the news via the internet. I have really embraced coming in from work, curling up on my couch in a fuzzy blanket with my book and just taking it easy. I have also found that I have listened to more music (gotta have some background noise, right?) lately as well. I've been more productive overall I believe, as far as laundry and staying "neat" goes. Even last night, while having dinner at John's (who DOES have a great TV), I realized we had not cut the TV on once. He grilled a Drunk Chicken, we had some music playing, and we conversated about our day and everything else we could think of. It was so nice. It makes me wonder how many people miss out on great conversations with the people they love must because the TV is on and they refuse to pay attention to another? Seriously, try it one night this week and see what I mean!

*American Idol's new season is about to start though, we might need to get this cable situation worked out!

No comments: