Brittany was the lucky receipiant of 4 free tickets to the bull riding event Saturday night at the BJCC and was kind of enough to share them with John, Bess, Reid, and I. We all wore our cowboy boots and "ponied up" for the $6 beers. Fabulous seats! Bull riding is very exciting, however, we used various dirty words to describe some of the cowboys as "wimps" if they wore helmets. We found that if you were a true cowboy, then you were not scared of brain injury and realized that a scar from a good kick to the face only meant you were "bad." Also, what kind of cowboy doesn't wear his cowboy hat? We did not cheer for them. All it made me want to do was go home, watch 8 seconds, and do my hands in the Lane Frost wave!
I did managed to get spanked at the rodeo. There was a young buck of about 5 or 6 sitting in front of me with his father. I was getting very excited and "hollering" loudly for the cowboy hat clad bull riders, when the little punk turned around and rather rudely requested that I stop screaming because I was hurting his ears. I mentally compared him to the bull riders who wore helmets and to the old man who told me and John to sit down at the LSU/AU game this past year. How can such a young person already be a stick in the mud? I'll tell you how--you come out of the womb and your coolness is already predetermined. This kid doesn't have a chance!
The evening concluded with Brittany, Bess, and I getting a few pictures in with the bull riders. Pics to come soon (the laptop just arrived from Cali, it was safely retrieved and overnighted after being recovered in the Holiday Inn parking lot. Another story for another day).
No comments:
Post a Comment