I apologize for my absence, as I mentioned a few weeks ago, the traveling was about to pick up. I was in Chicago last week, then Oakland, Ca early this week, and now I'm in L.A.--I'll be home on Friday! I am running out of underwear at this point and my suitcase was over 50lbs. That means mean looks from Southwest. Oh well--I said, well what difference does it make if it's two bags-it's the same weight? Airlines need to get consistent and make a little more sense.
Chicago was great though. John flew up and we stayed through the weekend and did the tourist thing. What a clean city (for a big city) and it had so much character! It did rain all weekend, so that was a bit annoying but we made the best of it. It was also still pretty cold up there! We went to Navy Pier, the Art Institute (which was so cool), experienced Wrigleyville, and ate and went out at some cool places. My friend Lauren took me to my first tapas restaraunt, Cafe Ba Ba Reedba's, which is Spanish, and it's basically where you order all of these appetizers. It was AMAZING! The sangria was good, but sweet stuff I can only take so much of. Lauren also sent me and John to this sushi bar called Coast. You brought your own bottle of wine-so that was different. GREAT sushi! Of course, we did Chicago style deep dish pizza.
Here are some pics. Really and truly it was fun just getting away just us =)
No comments:
Post a Comment