Pages

Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Arch Nemesis



My arch nemesis is not some skanky mean girl who swooped in and stole my boyfriend nor is it a conniving co worker who thwarts my hard work. No, my friends, my arch nemesis is pictured above, and yes, it is an electric can opener.

Somethings in life we, as humans, are not meant to master, and for myself, it is John's electric can opener. For well over the past year, I have cringed when we cook at his house and I have to open the green beans, or in tonight's case, my favorite green English peas. I tried about five times, before sighing angrily, before I yelled for him to come do it PUH....LEASE!! All the while screaming expletives at the can opener itself, and then I lamented about why doesn't he own a manual can opener? It's fine, I have two, and I am bringing the spare over I announced!

John thinks I need to be in a special school, for folks like me. All I can say is, I have been beaten by my arch nemesis. I am waving the white flag. I fought the good fight.