


Tomorrow, the first Saturday in May, is the running of the Kentucky Derby. While I've never attended the race, I have been to Churchill Downs before in Louisville, Kentucky. I was a horse crazy ten year old and we were on a family trip to Ohio to visit friends. I begged and begged for my parents to stop because I just wanted to see it. We took a tour of the track and saw the museum. It was incredible, and even at such a young age, I was able to appreciate the history that was there.
Hopefully one day I'll be able to attend the real thing and wear a big floppy hat while drinking a mint julep. From what I understand, I Want Revenge is the 3-1 favorite, and Mine that Bird is the 50-1 long shot. I've always had a soft spot for the underdog.
Fun fact to know and tell: Secretariat, the 1973 Triple Crown winner, still holds the record for the fastest Kentucky Derby (1:59) and Belmont Stakes (2:24).
And yes, that's Heidi and Spencer at last year's Derby.
2 comments:
Please tell me you bet on the underdog.
I didn't bet on anything! & died when I found out he won!
Post a Comment