Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Marrying an Alabama Fan

Back in the blog's early days, I did a post on Dating an Alabama Fan, and all that it entails.  Fast foward two years, and I am marrying an Alabama fan.  Let's discuss: 


1.  Your mom will call you, frantically, and say:  

LACEY--DID YOU REGISTER FOR HOUNDSTOOTH PICTURE FRAMES AT JACKSON'S DRUGS????!!!!!  


MOM--ARE YOU KIDDING RIGHT NOW?  DO I LOOK LIKE I'D REGISTER FOR A  HOUNDSTOOTH PICTURE FRAME??

2.  You email  your BFF, Deidra, who works at Jacksons Drugs, and say "Girl-get that craziness off my shelf before people get the WRONG idea!!!"  (I think it was by mistake, Mom said the shelf above me had a bunch of AL stuff on it)

3.  Although you don't register for houndstooth picture frames, you do, however, register for some UofAL platters and tumblers for John's sake, and for your many uni-team football parties you plan to host.  

4.  You pray to God no one buys you the HOUSE DIVIDED license plate or yard flag.

5.  But you know they will--especially after reading this

6.  You know you'll never be a season ticket holder anywhere--you'll buy tickets to whichever school you are going to that weekend.

7.  You'll fight over what cute little baby tees/jerseys your newborn babies pose in and what cheerleader outfits the tiny version of yourself rocks.  (**or not, if it's a tiny version of me--she'll be all "Mom, yeah right, I don't wear skirts, I'm wearing this totally rad jersey and my backwards hat--please hand me those cowboy boots, Mom, I'm rocking those with my denim shorts as well and we BETTER be getting our faces painted today or I'll ruin your day--I PROMISE)

8.  You know you'll win that one because you will have birthed said newborn and will say so while thrusting their tiny limbs through their AUBURN BABY onsies =)

9.  Who knows what school said newborn will attend when they grow up??  Could you really deal with your sweet innocent babies going through Rush/Pledgeship at AL?

10.  You'll always be together though, because at the end of the day, I'd rather be with John at an Alabama game than at an Auburn game without him, and I'm sure he feels the same way ;) 

Extra:


11.  You know you  scored a good one when he's at an Auburn game, during Alabama's National Championship season, and gets teary eyed watching his future BIL run out the tunnel becuase it is almost as cool as Rudy.  **That means love, people!

4 comments:

Erin said...

good luck! the house divided thing is FUN!!!! (sarcasm inserted here).... no really, its not too bad, we make it work just fine... i just wonder what amount of brainwashing is going to happen when we have kids!!!

and yes, we have received a house divided flag & would only hang it inside our garage.... thats not going on the outside of our house! haha

Lacey said...

That is hilarious! Glad to know their is hope-haha

jane said...

Well, I saw the houndstooth picture frame on your shelf at JD and thought; I love it!! It will look so cute in their house. Maybe I should go ahead and get it today. Maybe they would like two of them!!

Houndstooth goes with just about everything!!!!!!

Lacey said...

Haha!