Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Orbitz Revisited

I had to get on the phone with my good friends at Orbitz, who don't speak English, (my thoughts on that here) and they asked me what my name was.


Me:  "Lacey"
Orbitz lady in Foreign Land:  "Oooh Lee-cey"
Me:  "No, Lacey"
Orbitz lady in Foreign Land:  "Hi L-iii-cey"  {read that with the long "i" sound}

I'd never heard someone repeat my name back to me in a southern drawl who is obviously NOT southern but was just mimicking what I said.  I didn't know what to say to that--so the lady called me Liicey about 5 times during our convo because I think she liked saying it.  

Dear Lord.

-----

I also talked to Orbitz on a separate occasion this week and the little man told me he lives in the Phillipines, and asked me about the weather where I was.  We had a five minute convo about the weather, the fact I really should visit the Phillipines sometime--it's sunny and in the 80s he told me "veree veree tropical," and that he'd never seen snow-it was his lifelong dream-and did it ever snow where I live.  I wished him well when we got off the phone and I told him he needed to go work for the Phillipines Tourist Department because I was on the next plan out--SOLD! haha

No comments: