Friday night I made meatloaf and John picked a movie from his stash I had never seen. As you know, I pride myself on my vast knowledge of movies, famous people, and pop culture in general--I've mentioned this before. I am embarrassed to admit I haven't seen this movie, but I will:
Animal House
It was hilarious. John Belushi was such a physical actor--his facial expressions were so great. When John was popping in the DVD, I asked "Is this going to make me miss college?" And it did. Of course, eventually the plot involves a really nice car--and when you are young, doesn't it always? I have so many college stories that involve a car--whether it was mine or a friend's.
My Bug--I've had it since I was 16, and I swear it's sprinkled with pixie-fairy dust magic because it endures. College was all about getting gnarley air over speed bumps (well, we still get gnarley air over speed bumps), speeding tickets, and parking in the best spots because my car was the smallest. It's been bumped, scraped and puked in (thanks sake jake) and all kinds of unmentionable things. It's done 360s and U turns and all but grown wings a time or two and gotten me home safe. I feel like this post just got random--but Animal House had me thinking about college and cars this morning. I may drive the Bug another 20 years--we've got a connection and a love that won't quit.
Saturday night involved left over meatloaf and renting the first season of Weeds. We like it-it's really funny and just makes me think California is so wild.
Currently reading:
And the Art Show is Friday!
The End.


No comments:
Post a Comment