Pages

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Spanish Architecture

I am a big fan of Spanish style architecture.  You either LOVE it, or you HATE it--there is not much middle ground on it.  I love it.  House of Turquoise posted a home today that I could completely see myself in--warm, cozy, and perfect for entertaining: 



Richard Drummond Davis Architect of Dallas, TX


How great is the patio area?  And the fireplace--gorgeous.


Here is a blog about the renovation of a Spanish style home in Homewood, and it is beautiful.  The owners' have done an amazing job.  Check it out-it has a CHINA room, all I'm saying.

I love Mexican tile flooring too:





I have had a fascination with it since the 3rd grade, when Mrs. Goree came to school telling us about her  floor--Mexican tile--had little puppy dog footprints embedded in it.  I was sold! 

Mexican tiles take my train of thought to the fact that tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo...cheese dip+Corona=Good Times!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I like the Spanish thing as long as it doesn't get too themey. LOVE THE BONITA HOUSE. OBSESSED. China room is now a life goal.

PS, have you driven by?? Can totally see the china from the street ...

Lacey said...

Yes, I've seen it! So awesome!