I just read Jessica's blog post and got warm feelings. I emailed her this morning and said "It may be because I've had lots of caffeine on an empty stomach, but I feel nervous and anxious about the weekend all of a sudden!" Jessica quickly told me to "calm ur nerves grasshopper." I
I can't delve too deep--for I must save my super sappy material for my Friday night solo run--but for the past year, Jessica and I have devoured the wedding blogs, while dreaming and chatting about what we would do WHEN (and IF) John and Ryan ever acknowledged our awesomeness and proposed. We'd go back and forth, emailing links and pictures to each other, both ultimately feeling a more rustic, informal theme. We knew which churches we'd want to get married in, what our colors might be, what flowers we loved...Then, out of the blue, both John and Ryan hit their knees.
Girls dream that the one guy they love more than anything in the world finally "picks" them. And as a friend, it's incredibly emotional to watch a guy "pick" your friend. After all, you have always known they were totally awesome and deserve ONLY the best. The day Jessica got engaged, I wailed like a toddler and when John proposed, I was so shocked that I couldn't cry until I saw our moms. I'm sure that surprised him, as it may have been the one time in my life I was rendered completely speechless--but I just had made up my mind that he was not asking me anytime soon and was completely floored. Maybe I'm just a little tougher when it comes to myself, because I am a sappy baby about my friends. I can tear up just THINKING about how much I love them--so I know I am probably going to have a hard time staying strong this weekend! The rehearsal dinners usually get to me more than the actual weddings-but we'll see-I'm a wild card.
I guess my moment of anxiousness this morning probably stemmed from the fact that after Jess's wedding is over, my parties will start, and it just feels crazy to think that before long, Jess and I won't read the wedding blogs anymore.
I love you, Jessie Face
\/
Sweet and Innocent as ever ;)


No comments:
Post a Comment