One of my favorite stores in Birmingham is The Naked Art Gallery. It is downtown, on Clairmont Ave, and only words like quaint, original, colorful, and eccentric describe it. Naked Art showcases the work of local artists as well as other Southeastern artists. The work ranges from paintings to clothing to pottery to jewelry to furniture to houseware and somewhere in between. I bought several items in there at Christmas and I have raved on and on about it ever since. On Saturday, I had the opportunity to take Brittany, Bess, Jessica, and Alana there and they loved it as well. Alana and I bought bracelets that have a glass bottle top strung on them. It looks like you took a knife and sliced off the lip of a wine bottle. Very neat. Brittany bought in the same family, but she chose a glass bottle top necklace. Jessica and Bess bought necklaces with wooden carvings on them.
The next time you are in Birmingham, explore further than the Summit and venture down to Naked Art! Check out their website:
www.nakedartusa.com
Happy Monday!
1 comment:
You totally stole my blog topic. I had already started composing my post... and then I thought, I wonder what lacey will post today... which lead me to check your's out... and you had unknowingly stole my idea. Back to square one for me.
Post a Comment