Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Talladega = Postponed






Well, we attempted to get John on the track yesterday but NO cigar! As beautiful as the weather was, it would have been more to our benefit had it been 30 degrees. The hot sun melted some ice that was hidden somewhere and wet a corner of the track, making driving a safety hazard. We attempted to "wait" it out for about 2 1/2 hours before deciding to reschedule. It was still pretty neat to be in the infield and we realized that the "in" thing to do is to "tailgate" in the parking lot, so we will be more prepared next time! John did get to ride around the track running about a hundred in a huge duley (spelling?) truck as they explained the track and assorted techniques to the would be drivers.

It was my first time to ever even be at the track and it was pretty awesome. Much to our disappointment, there was only ONE legitimate mullet there but it was fully documented, do not worry. Brittany and George rode with us and we spent most of the day quoting from Talladega Nights. I was quite tickled at passing the WAZZOOs, which are the portashowers that are in fields outside of the track. I was reminded of Deidra telling me we needed to camp at 'dega a few years back and that we could take showers there. The WAZZOOs looked a little extreme for my liking, but I've probably tackled worse at some point in my life. Dry shampoo, deodorant, and body wipes would probably suffice. We got lots of cute pictures, which I will upload as soon as I can. The trip was not in vain, however, we stopped at the Bass Pro shop on the way home.

Happy Monday all!

No comments: