Pages

Monday, March 2, 2009

Snow in March? Um...yeah, you are in AL

When you are from Alabama, you never know what to expect from the weather. One day it is 75 degrees in February and then 32 degrees the next. Friday it was pouring down rain and there were tornadoes all over the place, and on Sunday morning we had a small blizzard. When you spend your whole life in a relatively mild climate, there is nothing like snow that can bring out your inner child. I could not believe my eyes when I woke up Sunday morning, and I couldn't help but wonder if I was on a ski vacation somewhere out west!

John made breakfast and invited the Stegalls over. Bess ran to Piggly Wiggly to buy vanilla extract and milk so we could make snow ice cream. While we were on the porch scooping ice cream into the bowl, John thought it would fun to lock us out there. I made a huge pot of coffee and offered my paper "to go" cups and we charged out into the snow for a snow ball fight. It was your classic girls against guys, and most of my efforts against John were only successful when he was making his next snow ball and I could run up for close range contact. George announced that I was his favorite person to nail, so we all aimed at his face with the best "girl" throws we could muster. Mona was running wild--she was fun to nail too. Clancy peed and got it on his fur, so he had big clumps of snow sticking to his legs, and it was quite comical.

We built the coolest snowman ever, I will have to get pics from Bess or Brittany. He wore my toboggan and George thrust credit cards into his face to make eyes. We had sticks to make his arms, and of course, Mona stole one of Frosty's arms. The boys then proceeded to karate chop Frosty down after we took a bunch of pics. We talked about sledding, but it never happened, too much effort to really go and hunt down make shift sleds.

I still cannot get over snow on the first day of March, when my mind was beginning to lean toward warm weather, Day Light Savings Time, and the beach...but then again, you gotta take it when you can get it in Alabama!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am glad you enjoyed the snow. I mean... I am glad that you took advantage of the opportunity to embrace it. I'd be lying if I said Ryan and I didn't have fun too. I just got a bit overwhelmed by it all.

I hope yall didn't make your snow ice cream with yellow snow.