
I spent the majority of last week in Hot Springs, Arkansas at a conference. It was uneventful, aside from the tornado warnings my last night there. I was on the top floor, 14th I think, in this old hotel and I finally I just said a prayer that I wouldn't blow away and conked out. I didn't, thankfully. However, a small town near Hot Springs was struck by a twister and several people died. Those things are not to be taken lightly! The next day, my mother was unaware that I had been in the midst of such violent weather and I said that I failed to mention it, as I didn't want her trying to force me into the basement from a few hundred miles away. There aren't beds in hotel basements.
One sad note about my trip is the fact that it meant I missed a free trip to the Masters with the Bain family, courtesy of George Stegall. John went with Brittany and George, though, and I fought off my jealousy, probably not very well, all week. I told John I would only be consoled if he got me a prize, so now I have a lovely pink Masters hat, lady's fit! I was stoked. I decided it made me very preppy.
Speaking of preppy, Britt and I helped host a Mimosas and Monograms shower for Katherine Keown on Saturday at Alley Jackson's parents' house. Preppy is the only word that would probably accurately describes mine and Brittany's outfits. We both sported pencil skirts (mine was polka dot, if that helps your visual) and cardigans. It was pretty comical, but we DID look cute, just SUPER grown up! In a last minute decision, I opted out of my pearl necklace because I felt I would have been a bit too much. Brittany sported hers, so good call on my part or we would have been TOO much on the same page! I'll have to post a picture of us.
Our outfits aside, the party was a lot of fun. Katherine got some great items with her initials, including THREE aprons! She is going to have to do a lot of cooking so her aprons will get dirty and she can wear them all. Blaire Wood was there and that made my whole day, I just adore her! Marye Beasley also wore a version of Katherine's bridesmaid dress, which tickled me.
Easter Sunday was all about a church trip to Dawson Baptist in Homewood with the Stegalls, who adopted John and I for the day. We went to a contemporary service, it was very chill, so it was great. We were then invited to George's parents house for lunch, which was so good. My favorite part of the whole day was watching Brittany's niece, Pierce, drop it like its hot (a dance move which was really her just squatting down, for those not familiar with the term "drop it like its hot") naked. She is 1, so it was hilarious.
I had whined earlier in the day to John that the Easter Bunny didn't know where I lived anymore. He replied, OH yes he does, he brought you a Masters' hat. Well, that's true, I thought. My kind hearted parents did send back a ton of food with Bess for me, and some money, although I haven't seen the money yet. I ran home at lunch and I think it may have been in my room but I didn't go in there. You see, I aggressively started cleaning out my closet yesterday, called it quits half way through, and there is stuff EVERYWHERE. I wanted to avoid that at lunch!
All in all, solid weekend. The best news is that I have a short week this week. I get Friday off since I was working on Good Friday this past Friday. Yay for short weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment