Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jade



I have really struggled with naming my blog, but I feel like "My Jewelry Box" should stick. I love jewelry, all types, and my life could be considered my jewelry box. Every woman's jewelry box is unique and each piece in it tells a story.

I love jade. This ring here is very close to my jade ring, although my band is thinner. My jade ring was actually half of a pair of jade cufflinks that my grandfather bought in Korea back in the fifties during the war. It's very sentimental to me and I love it because it's big :)

I'm also a fan of jadeite china and would love to start a collection of it. I think its gorgeous!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

you seem to share two of my long time loves - specifically matisse and jadite kitchenware. good taste you have :)

AlleyJ said...

Love the new blog! Looking forward to many more great insights from the Jewelry Box. AJ

Lacey said...

Thanks Natalie! And AJ ;)

Jennifer said...

this is so random ... found you through ... Brittany and George?

LOVE jadeite, just started collecting it myself. you can find random pieces at antique stores and the like. Angel's in Auburn has a ton!

cute blog!