Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

RE: A Master Plan

If you have visited Stage Fright Jitters today (aka Jessica Toland's blog) you will have read her loving thoughts and reflections on our high school/childhood friendships. I know that I have written and mentioned those friendships more than once on the blog, but I do not feel that I can mention them too much. Being with those people is like my home base, where I go when I need to rest, cry, regroup, be encouraged, and laugh my ass off. I am even lucky enough to have a boyfriend who falls into this category, as we have been friends since we were 4 or 5. Such comfort can sometimes only be found in the people who have known you the longest.

Loud and obnoxious, we were (& still are)your worst nightmare if you were trying to enjoy a quite meal in Alex City back in the day. It hasn't been too long ago that I was in a restaurant, with who or whom I don't exactly remember, but I remember a loud group of high school girls were in there and I made an annoyed remark. I was quickly rebuffed with a "THAT WAS YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS A FEW YEARS BACK! YALL WERE AWFUL!"

It made me laugh when Jessica pointed out our in depth discussions about how we were all going to live in the same town, on the same street, get married and have kids the same age. We did have a Master Plan! When you are 18 life feels so neat, tidy, and organized! I'd like to know what HAS worked out the way we thought it would when we were 18. Although, that is probably a good thing on a lot of subjects :) I would also like to say the day isn't over yet, we may all end up in that gated community yet! I would also not put it past us to be in the same nursing home someday, raising hell and pooping in our diapers.

1 comment:

Bess said...

Oooo Momma....it is going to be really weird when i move in with you and John....I think that might take the master plan too far....nahhh! This makes me smile...really big!!!:) LOVE YOU!!