This dialogue on baby tees all began last Thursday when I sent out the following email to a few friends:
"Hey Guys--
It's dreary outside and I have spring fever! I am not sure if everyone can jam at work or not, but I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning, and I hope that this playlist brightens your day and readjusts your attitude (should it need it). Don't worry--its mostly the top songs from 1999 and it takes me back to ACMS, the Joe Flourine Hall, and FR year of high school--the simple the days when all you wanted to do was make out, put glitter on your face, and rock your abercrombie tee--you feel me I'm sure!!
Spring onto Me -- I titled it creatively, it could mean so many things
ttp://www.playlist.com/ playlist/19527993099
HOLLER back
It's dreary outside and I have spring fever! I am not sure if everyone can jam at work or not, but I was feeling a bit nostalgic this morning, and I hope that this playlist brightens your day and readjusts your attitude (should it need it). Don't worry--its mostly the top songs from 1999 and it takes me back to ACMS, the Joe Flourine Hall, and FR year of high school--the simple the days when all you wanted to do was make out, put glitter on your face, and rock your abercrombie tee--you feel me I'm sure!!
Spring onto Me -- I titled it creatively, it could mean so many things
ttp://www.playlist.com/
HOLLER back
Lacey "
--------
Please enjoy the playlist, and sure, I'll make others when inspired on rainy days.
It led to a ridiculous email chain with 91 links as many mid twenty somethings reflected on all that was good and right in the world in 1999-2000 and their collection of many baby tees. The baby tee was oh so cool, you could dress them up or down, modest--yet sexy all at the same time. The best usually had logos or crazy sayings emblazoned across them. With Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera as our guide, we tore it up at Abercrombie and got our "go out" clothes from the Body Shop and Wet Seal (snake skin, leopard... and pleather pants, anyone?) I digress...
Here are some of my personal favorites:
Bess: I personally loved to spray glitter in my hair before pep rallys....I know B feels me!
(I love Bess for being a little more ghetto fab than me!)
Cory: Thanks, but no thanks. John’s Panara Bread’s Greatest Hits CD will keep me rock’n through summer….
Ewood: "I like girls they were abercrombie and fitch" I heard that song this weekend in destin! Ha! "I think its fly when girls stop by for the summer"
Kristen Cain: I did go to an lfo/britney spears concert.....
Lauren Silverstein: best playlist ever! It's rainy and gross in Chitown this am! Happy Thursday!
Marye Beasley: Aww that’s made my day. About to listen!! SPRING ON ME.
Cory (again): Lawton, could you please not spread my love for the BSB (that’s my nickname for the BackStreet Boys) all over the email chain :/
John: Thank you for coming to our party last weekend Cory, you are such a well behaved young man (Said in voice that a small child could understand). Again, Bess, you bring him around again, and you're out of the group...I enjoy a good baby tee every once in a while also
Margaret Cranford: These songs make me want to get my mom drop me off at the movies to hang out. I had an abercrombie tee that said PREP; very cool
***Insert discussion on Playhouse Cinemas and the parent pick up line
George: (who became overwhelmed by all the Alex City lingo and fearful of its implications)
I'm maxed out on this email chain. Will you delete my email address from it?
Lacey: Hahaha--maybe that is how one gets guys, by throwing on the baby tee--in fact, I think I have a baby tee for every occasion--
Jessica: I'm wearing a baby tee at work right now. You're right, Lacey... boys do like it.
Alana: Well if the baby tee is the key to getting a man I'm all over it! Going to change as we speak!!
Lacey: Girl--put your baby tee on RIGHT now!!! I'll overnight you some if you want, for example--I have one with a peace on it from san fran, a Kiss me I'm Irish one, One that has French cities list on it (and it's see thru ;) and a few Polo ones, if you feel extra preppy today, one with a tiger on it, ...
Katie Beth (WHO OWNS BEST BABY TEE IN WORLD): Lacey, I wish I could stream at work to listen to the rad playlist but I can't.
P.S. I am wearing my glitter butterfly tee to work today - everyone is scared. Be jealous!
Lacey: OMG--there you are Katie!! EVERYONE--Katie Beth had (has) the best baby tee in the world--it has a glitter butterfly on it and its a belly shirt--I can't breathe I'm laughing so hard. Jessica put it one time
George: (BEST QUOTE OF DAY)
I love all of you but can we take my email off of this chain? I'm busy and my blackberry is blowing up about baby tees.
Cory: George, Does Brittany make you wear baby tees?
Then it got awesome and Margaret sent a pic of the baby tee she was wearing at work Friday, Margaret hope you don't mind:
Whitney Clanton's response today: Though glitter n butterflies will always be on top, I have to put my fav baby tee out there. It has a rabbit with no feet on it and says: There’s nothing lucky about a bunny with no feet.
***enter discussion of the obsession of rabbit's feet from Desoto Caverns back in the mid 90s that I will spare you from
---------------------
Needless to say, the baby tee has brought a lot of joy to mine and my friends lives! What does your baby tee say??
xoxo,
Lacey
No comments:
Post a Comment