I have a deep affection for trinkets. This is a fact and it has been discussed several times on the blog (remember, I love yard sales and TJ Maxx). I really really like pretty, inanimate objects that are not useful whatsoever. Whether John has realized it or not, me and my trinkets' impending move in date will be here before you know it. I am very big on wanting our home to reflect both of our interests and styles, so I am trying to respect his things in hopes that he will offer me and my stuff the same courtesy as we find a place for everything. It will be hard when we have to have our yard sale this summer, but I think we are going to survive!
I thought I would introduce you to some of my trinkets. My most recent addition is something I honestly did not expect to get off my registry. When I registered in McDavid's in Alex City (and I did pick out just about everything in there), I may or may not have overwhelmed them with my...eclectic taste when the thing I made the biggest fuss over was a piggy bank:
All I had to google was "folk art piggy bank" and I found it! How awesome is it, don't you want one? I'm really into folk art, I just love it. All I could think was...OMG I want that. I want that pig more than my china or crystal stemware. Well, at my engagement p+arty, which you didn't have to bring gifts to, Kay Thomas gave me this pig with a sign on it that said HONEYMOON FUND! I died a thousand deaths and could not thank her enough!
Another trinket I've gotten flack for is this bright blue Chinese dog I bought on sale at Pier One on my lunch break one day. I just HAD to have it, I think it was $5. Well, look what I found on one of the decorating blogs:
Obviously, I should have gotten two! (I have to prove that my trinkets have style). I do not know where my love of Chinese inspired stuff comes from, having never been to China. I also registered for 2 Chinese inspired lamps at McDavids--they are on sale, and I doubt they make it to my arms but that is ok. They are awesome.
The next trinkets I love are the two white cermanic dogs my grandmother let me have. There is only one in the pic below, but you get the idea:
I know, very cool, yes?



4 comments:
the last ones you mentioned, are the Staffordshire? those puppies can fetch a pretty penny! (puns not intended, but funny)
Haha, I don't know? would it say that on them? I know they are worth something.
I was going to tell you that those dogs can be worth quite a bit, but my wife beat me to it. If you got it at Pier One it's only worth what you paid, but the real deal can be worth a lot.
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/ChelseaMarketeers/items/ANTIQUE_CHINESE_QING_MING_BLUE_FOO_DOG___18TH_CENTURY
DANG!! $2500! I wish little blue dog was real--but he is a pier one original. My white dogs are antiques though.
Post a Comment