Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reading:

(great so far--and while you can't judge a book by it's cover, is it not a great cover??)

and

Hilarious! 


Although, I do have a technical question for those out there who know...in the book it really hates on dressing your ring bearer like a little man, as in putting him in a little tux.  John's cousin's son is going to be our ring bearer, and he will be five by the time the wedding comes around, and I just think he is a bit too big for the "E-ton" outfit (direct pronunciation from the book) I get overwhelmed when little boys are dressed like that once they get too big-last time I saw said ring bearer-to be, he was hard core practicing for tee ball!  But lord knows don't let me make some southern fashion faux pas!  Thoughts, comments, concerns, suggestions?

5 comments:

Hadley said...

http://wedding.theknot.com/bridal-fashion/bridesmaid-dresses/articles/bridal-party-fashion-101.aspx

Yeah... just don't tell anyone that I troll theknot on the reg... ;)

Sarah said...

I am big on etiquette, and my nephew was our ring bearer (5 at the time of our wedding) and wore a John-John/ Eton outfit, complete with high socks and black and white saddle oxfords. Saying that, my nephew was used to his mom dressing him that way and is a more non-athletic type. I say do what you want. Although I love etiquette, what the ring bearer wears (in my opinion) is not a hard southern rule. There are much more important southern etiquette rules to follow other than what the ring bearer wears. The last thing you would want him to do is to have him in an outfit that he hates that leads him to being non-cooperative!!

Erin said...

i had 2 ringbearers (b/c we didn't have a flower girl) & since they were 2.5 yrs old & almost 6 I didn't want them to wear different things (6 too old for jon jon & 2 almost too young for tux).... so they both wore the same thing as the rest of the boys.... black tuxes... they looked cute.... maybe if i had only had the 2 yr old I would have had him wear a jon jon, but my wedding was also in November so weather was a factor... really though, i dont think "ringbearer fashion" creates a faux paus... no biggie whichever way you decide!

Lacey said...

Thanks for all the comments--much appreciated!!!

Natalie said...

hey! i actually disagree with my sister {oops!} but i have a nervous tick when i see tiny kids in tuxes - like when they are dressed that way for real. i think it would humor me to see bennett in a tux, but not for serious.
i say something light and summery since your wedding it outside {right?}...seersucker or linen-like. jcrew has a seersucker little suit thing. OR one of those outfits where its a two piece and you have like light blue pants {or whatever color matches your wedding} and a short sleeved white top with a detailed collar and buttons down the back? i love the "e-ton" look though if the little boy is used to wearing it.