Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

1/2 Friday and the Bess/Cory 2010 Challenge

Tonight is our engagement party!  Yay for me and John--we are really doing it!  

I'm so excited that I took half a day off work.  I'm rolling out to get a spray tan, because I'm white and have not had time to actually get in the tanning bed (don't freak out, I do not abuse the tanning bed, just like to get a base before getting out in the big sun) and a mani/pedi.  I am thinking red nails and toes...unless I fall in love with one of those OPI new colors always sitting on the front coutner.  I do love red!  I'm wearing a black halter dress tonight, so I think it will all go together fantastically!


We would have had the party on Saturday night, but Johnathan Bloom was only available Friday night.  Saturday night would have been just SUPER cute because March 20 is my parent's wedding anniversary!  Happy Anniversary Parentals!

Ok, you may or may not, know these two cats:


  Bess Granger is my roomie and her arm candy is Cory Davis (Alex City origins, current Tulsa, OK citizen, also goes by the alias "Ronald-Mason" as well as "Spartan")


Back Story:  These two are wildly, madly in love.  Cory is keeping Delta and Southwest in business.  It is not a long distance relationship because they see each other every weekend.  They are cute and fun and I'm so happy that they are happy!


Bess and Cory's Achilles Heel:  They are late sometimes (to EVERYTHING).  This has always been a problem Bess but now she dates Cory, who is just as pokey as she is, thus enabling Bess.   There is a new national time zone:  Bess and Cory time.  They do not rush, nor do they take into account Central Time Zone and deadlines.  They are the last to arrive at any event they are invited too, at times to the inconvenience and annoyance of others, due to staring at each other googly eyed and making out too much.  This is all written good naturedly, Bess and Cory are aware this is a problem and it was their New Year's Eve resolution to work on this.  

My point is--Cory gets into AL today at 2:30p and my party is at 7pm CENTRAL TIME (in Bess and Cory time, that means 8:30p).  Bess says they will be the first ones there.  I've reminded them of this--it is a challenge--and if they are NOT the first ones there, I may or may not talk to them all night because I am going to question our friendship and make them feel bad and guilty ALL night til they cry.


You'll be updated as to how this challenge plays out on Saturday.

Hip Hip Horray for Fridays, my party, and PW's book getting made into a movie! 

No comments: