Pages

Friday, March 5, 2010

I Shall Wear White!

 Which one is it?  Which one is Alana?

I went back to the wedding dress shop yesterday, on my own, and made that executive, life altering decision involving the dress that will be immortalized in my many pictures before being sealed air tight for the next century until my heirs pull it from the bottom of a forgotten trunk in some dusty attic and talk about what a knock out Great Granny Lacey was.  

I may be the only person I know who had to go choose their dress by themselves because they are a freak of nature and can't make up their mind!  I had narrowed it down to 2, as you know, and after a weekend of thinking about it, I knew what I was leaning towards, and luckily I did not even try the second option on.  I did, however, try one on that was not in the top two (risky business I know), and pulled one off of a manniquin I had not tried on last Saturday.  Let's just say I was loving some dramatic, Princess Diana type gowns, but I knew I would end up naked on the dance floor, going "I can't handle my dress, I'm hot and I'm sweating profusely."  I tend to sweat when I get nervous, so an outdoor wedding in August is potentially a little scary.  I will probably borrow George Stegall's fan, and carry it around with me, pre wedding, while yelling for a margarita to take the edge off.  It could get weird people.

No comments: