Once we got engaged, John consented that I was free to paint anything I wanted to--except the fireplace (we girls have tried to explain to the menfolk its trendy to paint your fireplace, but they are not having it). Exciting news indeed. I think it's important to put your "mark" on your home, so it feels more like yours, whether it's paint or whatever.
What got the ball rolling this past weekend was when John noticed my linen shower invitation and the fact it had all the master bedroom's "new" colors listed on it. "Chocolate Brown," "Celery Green," and "Bright Orange." John was slightly perplexed, as though it were news to him--I told him not to look so surprised, as I had previously consulted with him on it. I had made sure to show him the West Elm bedding I want (brown), while going to huge lengths to avoid anything he'd deem too floral or "girly." I spent the next ten minutes trying to show John, George, and Brittany what I meant by celery green. John said, "Well, I guess we really need to paint the bedroom now!"
On Sunday, off to Lowe's we went--where I found Brandon's truck and left him a note on the windshield. We picked out one shade and we went with it--no agonizing over three samples for us. Life's too short.
Here's what we were working with before--sorry I forgot to snap one before we began dismantling things.
Meet: ANTIQUE MOSS
John poured all day--NOT my area of expertise.
First we had to tape off the trim--which took FOREVER. Please excuse the crazy hair--I may or may not have bumped that bun/top knot into the walls about five times throughout the day.
John may or may not have tumbled off that stool at one point into the paint.
Here's John telling me what to do--this was my first time to ever paint a room so I was "new." I ended up being the best taper ever and John praised my newfound patience and enthusiasm for time consuming tasks by the end of the day (I'm not being sarcastic-I was awarded 5 gold stars).
Off we went! I had the roller and John did the trim.
We survived our first "home project!" Cheers for us. It was pretty fun--you just have to go into it knowing it's a full day's labor. You need country jams blaring so you can make fun of the stupid lyrics and loudly sing your favorites. After, reward yourself with cold beer and discuss that the paint fumes are clearly making you say incomplete sentences.
I'll wait and post a fully decorated AFTER shot once we get new bedding and curtains. I don't know if you guys would appreciate John's navy duvet with our new green walls--although that is a popular wedding color scheme.
Welcome to the Jungle.
The End.













3 comments:
I love love LOVE that room color!!!!!
LOOOOVE IT!
Thanks yall!
Post a Comment