These pictures are from our new, non water proof camera :) Here we are at Jimmy's (? I think) Dive Bar, eating during the first night, going on three hours of sleep and adrenaline, ready to embrace vacation! It is here I eat my first conch fritter, which is comparable to a hush puppy, which was like heaven in your mouth.
The second night, we took advantage of our full kitchen and cooked steaks, salad, and Alfredo noodles. So good! We ate dinner on the balcony, because this view never got old.
*le sigh.
The third night, we got all dressed up, I put on make up for the first time, and we thought we would just "walk" to our dinner reservations down the beach at Parallel 23. We had consulted our map and it looked do-able.
*le sigh at sunset pictures
Well, walk we did, and it was further than we anticipated, and walking in the sand made me
Note the pony tail! Don't you hate it when you get too much sun and then your make up makes you look really white? Please look how much tanner John's face is than mine?!
I can't continue without introducing our scooter we rented for 2 days. The cab fares in Turks are ridiculous, they are like "$20 to go anywhere." Well, for $50 a day, we got this nifty thing and we really tore down on it. I never drove it, I was worried that might cause us not to get our deposit back!
John's "I'm a total badass" face.
Needless to say, we scoot down the road to Coco Bistro, which ended up being our favorite meal of the trip.
I loved the colors of the restaraunt!
We dined outside, early I may add (everyone said it gets really crowded at night, and everyone we talked to recommended it) and had both had pasta. John did the conch ravioli and I got the pasta that had every kind of seafood in it. I ate pasta all week--it was marvelous.
After dinner, we hit the casino that was right by Coco Bistro. We played routlette and slots and it was so fun! We actually won! I am a rather reckless gambler and John kept me in check. We walked out $50 up!YEAH! No pictures, because they said no pictures in the casinos. I never want to end up in foreign jail so I did as I was told.
We then scooted across the island to Da Conch Shack for the second time that week, to drink Red Stripes and Coronas. But not too many, mind you, as we were on the scooter!
It was windy, those are not weird curling iron curls.
***I am SO SO grateful for all the donations to my SGK run! I am halfway to my goal! My mom really appreciates it too! Love yall!












No comments:
Post a Comment