Pages

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Skinny Cucumber Dip

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday weekend-I know I did!  I made this dip for our weekend at the lake-and it was a huge hit!  I was asked to share--so here it is:



recipe and picture from www.skinnytaste.com

Skinny Cucumber Ranch Dressing

Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1 pt • Points+: 1 pt


Calories: 43.4 • Fat: 2.4 g • Protein: 2.1 g • Carb: 3.6 g • Fiber: 0.3 g



1/2 cup lowfat buttermilk


1/4 cup light mayonnaise


1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt


1 small cucumber, peeled and seeds removed


3 tbsp fresh parsley


1 clove garlic


1/4 cup chives or scallions


juice of 1/2 lemon


1/8 tsp garlic powder


1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper


1/4 salt
 
 
Mix it all up in the blender!  I used 1 large cucumber and 1 smaller cucumber that was from Granny and Harold's garden!  I also ended up adding more mayo in to thicken the dip.  Also let it chill for awhile to further thicken it up-great with veggies and pita chips!

No comments: