Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ewood: The Interview



Ewood—thanks for being a participant in today’s blog post. I really appreciate all of your delightful comments on my posts, and I realize I had not done a friend featured post in awhile. I thought it would be interesting to do it as more of a questionnaire, Cosmo Style if you will.

Love,

Lacey

******

My name is Elizabeth Wood. Rodgers. First name is a double name. My last name is NOT Woods-Rodgers (everyone thinks it is!) My nicknames are E, E Wood, E -Dub, Wilson (thanks, Beas), Wood, Sweetheart (thanks DAD!)

I am from Auburn and love it. I am very close to my friends and family. I love to laugh and have a good time. My favorite place to be is the beach and by the water. I will live there one day.



Age: 24 .



Hometown: AUBURN.



High School: Auburn High School. Go Tigers.



College: Auburn University. WAR DAMN EAGLE!!



How did you and Lacey meet?

In the dorm...love that memory! Lacey coming to knock on my door...who would have known that she and Brittany knew my friend Laurel from high school. Laurel brought her by to say hello. I even remember what you were wearing!!! Jeans and a grey/black shirt, vest type shirt. Do you remember that, Lacey? Next thing you know, we are having dorm dress up parties and pre parties before going out on the town.



Sum up your college experience in three words:

I have three different phrases: BEST TIME EVER. or DRUNK FUN MEMORIES. Refreshing, Fabulous, Carefree!



Where do you currently work and what do you DO exactly?

Clear Channel Radio. I am the sales assistant, but I like to call myself, "Sales Customer Support." I control everyone. I'm very important. Seriously! I am here to help YOU! I help and talk to customers over the phone about their advertising needs, help sales people with presentations/projects/promotions, help organize events, handle trade within Bham radio, handle tickets that come in for clients, work on national accounts, update media kits, and the most fun part is, I get free tickets to concerts and events that we may have. SO FUN!!!



If one song could sum up your life right now…what would it be?

I'm going to change the question to the best concert I've been to recently. Coldplay in Birmingham! 2nd time I got to see them and they are so fun. Lights are awesome, the band interacts with the crowd and makes you feel loved. Chris Martin ran up our aisle. They have the best music. It was such a fun night!!



Celebrity crush?

Hmmm too many to name. Jude Law. Matthew Mcconaughey. Chace Crawford. I think Dennis Quaid and Kevin Costner are handsome.



Who was your first kiss and how did it go down??

Boyfriend from Eighth grade. It was the weekend after my birthday and he gave me a lovely green necklace...remember the necklaces that had the clear chain/string so it looked invisible on your neck? Yeah, loved those at that age. We had a lil smooch after that.

If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be?

I believe a kitchen table, or the island in the kitchen. I love the kitchen area. When I grow up, I want a big kitchen, because that is the room where everyone gathers to talk and visit. Many different conversations can happen in this area. Great place to enjoy good food and good wine!

Any hobbies or hobby you’d like to pick up?

I LOVE to travel, want to travel everywhere and anywhere I can, like to read, wish I had more time to do it, exercising, shopping, I would like to start painting like Lacey does in her classes, I want to start cooking more and go to wine tastings, I'm up for anything really!



What is your favorite Sky Bar memory?

Too many to name! Visiting with good ole Sunny, our favorite bar tender, yelling at Tim Tyler to play Wagon Wheel, doing backhandsprings in the back room of Sky Bar (not really "favorite," but most recent silly idea), cutting in lines, "We don't do lines!" and going to every major bar holiday. Beach Party, St. Patty's Day, Cinco de Mayo. We have spent some good quality time and dollars in that bar.



Favorite color and why?

Blue. Any shade, but preferably light or royal blue. IF anyone knows me, they know I like the color blue!! It is the prettiest color ever. It reminds me of the ocean at the beach, my absolute favorite place in the entire world!!! The color blue brightens a room, an outfit, and even your mood. It is just an exciting color, really!



What characteristics define your future hubby?

Kind, Thoughtful, Religious, Funny, Smart, Ambitious


Favorite body part on a guy?

Arms, back, (upper body), legs are nice also.


Why should a recent college grad move to Birmingham?

Career opportunities, young, fun town to be apart of right after college to meet all kinds of new people, the shopping isn't bad either.


If you could take a vacation today, where would you go?

Turks and Caicos, or any where in the Caribbean



Last book you read?

Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisburger


What is one goal you want to achieve by the time you are 30?

I want to have a job that I enjoy, I still have not really figured out what I "want" to do, I just want to be HAPPY. If you aren't happy, then you haven't gotten very far.



Any movies that always make you cry?

I always cry, so really any movie if it is happy or sad.



What do you think is the best restaurant in Birmingham?

I love all restaurants: I love 26, even though we did not have very good service for my birthday dinner, love Chez Fon Fon (favorite at the moment), and love Mudtown, Oteys.



What makes someone a good friend?

Someone who loves you through the good and the bad-I believe we have the best friends anyone can ask for. We have so much fun!!! I am so blessed!!



What’s your favorite Marye Beasley story?

So many memories come to mind...I love you BEAS!! Beas and I have had so much fun together from living together, going to water aerobics, going to Spain, going to Bodega right when it opened around 12:00 p.m. for Cindo de Mayo and DID NOT leave downtown until 3:00 or so that next morning! Beas is definitely one of my dancing partner at all functions. Basically, we like to party. We are fun (even the photographer at Allie/Topher's wedding told us so!!)


Do you have a quote or any wise parting words to leave our audience with?

Be young, be foolish, be happy. Another shout out to Beas. Being happy is very important!!!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

i have to say i give myself a teensy bit of credit in the lacey-and-marye-beasley department....since you met each other in my rho chi group :) excuse me, "recruitment small group"

glad to see you are still close!

Lacey said...

This is true! You can totally take some credit!