Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Little Worry People



I have no idea what made me think of this just now. I googled it though to find pictures.



When I was little, Mom and Dad went on vacation somewhere and brought me back a little basket full of worry people. Supposedly you could tell the dolls your worries and the dolls would make it all go away. Wikipedia says the dolls originated in Guatemala. I was a bit of a worry wart as a child, and can still freak out about things today on occasion.

Just a little random thought for the day. I think they are so cute and colorful. Who wouldn't want to unload their problems on them??!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I had some of those too! But I don't need any little worry people when I have you and Ryan to unload on. You two are my worry people- it's fine.

Lacey said...

Haha--this is true. If only you fit in my purse, or a little wooden box that I could keep in my purse.

Natalie said...

oh gracious i loved those things. i thought they were so fun....

for what? i dont know...

Katie Beth Owens said...

Lacey! I had worry dolls too and I loved them! They were like my miniature barbies to play with! I have no idea where mine are now - prob. buried in the ground in one of my past pets' tummies....ha

John B. Howell said...

I want little worry people. Mona would also love some little worry people