I began taking art classes from Beth Bradley back during the winter and have found such satisfaction in my new hobby. Beth hosted an end of the year art show for all of her students last week in her home and we were allowed to invite family and friends. We were also allowed to price and attempt to sell our work. I took around 15 or so pieces to display.
I had quite an entourage. I am so blessed to have such awesome friends and family who are willing to get excited about the little things in my life!
I also sold my first painging...for $150.00! I was so proud. It was tough, as this was probably my favorite, but I feel like I can do something similar to it again, hopefully. Money is always much needed! Beth says that once you build up a good inventory of art work, you aren't quite so attached and sad to seem them go.
I felt better once I had my check!
The Pelican's with their new owner.
Life is sweet.
3 comments:
Lacey, you are so talented! I'm so lucky to call you my friend! Maybe when I become a baller I can afford a pelican painting!!
Alicia--you are too sweet. You know I'd give you a pelican for free! Especially when you are a baller with a beach house and invite Cousin Lacey to come stay with you for FREE! haha
I just realized I posted on the wrong day. SO I am posting this one again...Lacey I am so proud of your artwork!!!! You must drag me to the next class. You are so talented, you need to teach me a few tricks.
Also, it looks and sounds like yall had so much fun at the lake...i love you!!!
Post a Comment